Neem, known as “Indian Lilac” for its beautiful white, fragrant flowers, is an evergreen tree native to India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh originally and can be found in tropical and semi-tropical regions across the globe. The name Neem actually means ‘reliever of sickness’ in Sanskrit, and is highly valued for its medicinal benefits.
A great source of protein, calcium, tannins, phosphorus, vitamin C and several fatty acids, this herb also contains quercetin, a nutrient revered for its antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties.
Several benefits of consuming Neem tea include:
– Fighting infections
– Boosting the immune system
– Treating respiratory ailments
– Reducing inflammation and arthritis
– Soothing kidney, prostate, and bladder problems
– Reducing hypertension
– Improving liver function
– Reducing blood sugar levels
– Ridding the stomach and intestines of bacteria and viruses
– Soothing an upset stomach
– Treating insomnia, migraine & urticaria